Friday 22 November 2013

Revlon- Blue Lagoon

So today i have a swatch of Revlon Blue Lagoon. Blue Lagoon is a light blue, almost baby blue with silver speckles. The speckles aren't that noticeable on the nail but if you look closely at the bottle you will see them. This polish only required 2 coats 
So the formula of this polish was not the best from Revlon. I've tried better but it wasn't a let down either. It was a little bit thinner then most Revlon polishes. Due to this applying was just a tad trickier. Despite being thin and more runnier then regular polishes, i was surprised when it was opaque at only 2 coats. Being quite thin i thought that it require about 4 coats, so it was plus that it was opaque in only 2 coats. What happened when applying the polish to your nail was that when you brushed it onto your nail, since it was runny, the excess polish from the top of the brush moved quickly down the brush and onto the nail. Adding excess polish onto the nail. I recommend when using this polish to wipe it completely onto the bottle and then brush onto your nail, that way when the excess polish moves down onto your nail, it will be the right amount. Hope that made sense.
Other then that i had no other problem with this polish and was quite happy, even the drying time was great. By the time i applied polish to both my hands, the polish was try so i could go over it with the second coat straight away without waiting. Clean up was also a breeze, in fact there was barely any clean up. All clean up was done when the polish was wet. I just cleaned up using an orange/cuticle stick. 
Do I like this polish? I do like this polish, the colour is amazing, the drying time is great, only downside is its consistency but i learnt how to take care of that. So overall a great polish by Revlon. 
Blue Lagoon is definitely a beautiful colour and it looks so good. Your polish will have shimmery effect once on your nails which you can see in the photos. What I also like is that its quite thin on your nails. I'm not a huge fan of thick polishes because they look all thick and gloppy on your nails. I like it when it looks as though there isn't all these layers on top of your nail( if you know what I mean)
So what do you think? What's your favourite Revlon polish? Have you tried Blue Lagoon by Revlon Yet?
Let me know in the comments below

2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely blue, for sure! I love the shimmers in there. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shimmers too, kinda spices up the polish :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time and commenting!!! I love reading your comments and feedbacks. I appreciate every single comment. I try to reply as quick as possible so please do check back later. Please don't hesitate to comment